Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Brain Pickings

The very best blog ever, even more so than The Britannica Blog (which is also excellent) or The Happiness Project (my love of which has been well documented):

Brain Pickings.

Holy. Wow. It is like a museum for the mind.

And this recent post, ABOUT the post entitled 9 Best Books On Reading and Writing, about the power of intuition over rational thought, got me laughing, because of course what I did was go straight to the post about the 9 Best Books and put the first book on hold at the library, because I've been trying to figure out how I can use my down time more wisely than hitting "random" on Texts From Last Night, which I have pretty much memorized by now.

Which is exactly the OPPOSITE of the point of the post. I should have maybe been stretching out with my intuition, trying to *feel* the book I was supposed to read next?

No matter. I have a good book on hold at the library. That counts as a win for today.

No comments: