Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Afternoon Groove

This song's been in my head for weeks.



After that one, definitely watch this one:



Oh, Sam Cooke. MR. SAM COOKE, ladies and gentlemen.

If you have even one second more of free time, you should for sure listen to, "A Change is Gonna Come", "Another Saturday Night", and "Chain Gang". A Change Is Gonna Come, especially, makes my blood run cold every time I hear it.

And, if you've ever listened to a hip hop song and liked it, you are REQUIRED to familiarize yourself with The Clapping Song, just so you can look nobby in front of hip hop nerds.



AND, finally, a more modern blues song:



AND, one of THE most powerful songs from my childhood, and one of the most powerful, emotional songs about school shootings, ever:






(Can you guess what it is? If you're from my generation, you know it for sure...)








(Make sure you have tissue.)








No comments: