Friday, April 04, 2008

I Spent Three Hours Without A Cell Phone And SURVIVED.

Yes, I know. I can't believe it either.

Happy Friday to everyone! I think I've learned the art of going to salsa without ruining my entire Friday: Stick to one glass of wine. (You think I would have learned this in the five sessions I've had. But no.) Previous Fridays, I have woken up feeling run over by a truck. Today, I woke up cheerfully at 7 o'clock, attended a teleconference, went to two doctor's appointments, bought a piroshky, went to the bank, bought some bus tickets, got quarters for bus and laundry, and walked home. Hooray! (Actually, I hoofed it TO the doctor's appointments, too--I was about three minutes late. Dammit.)

Somewhere in there, though--a combination of coming home at 1 am last night and waking up early this morning and packing my bag for my Day Of Medicine--I forgot to charge either phone. And right as I arrived at my first appointment and tried to check the time, they...died. I spent the next three hours with just my book and myself, no way to call people or know what time it was, hence why I showed up an hour early for my NEXT doctor's appointment after refreshing myself with Starbucks.

Regardless, it was an enjoyable experience, made much more enjoyable by the fact that I don't have to do it again for another year, hallelujah. (For those who care, I'm finally seeing a dermatologist, and I had the Annual Thing coming up, so I scheduled them on the same day since both places are on Pill Hill, within about twenty feet of each other.)

And the most exciting news of the day: my blood pressure is way down, 110/70! Woo! Who knew regular exercise was good for you?

No comments: