Monday, June 05, 2006

Because Lists are SO Five Minutes Ago.

Good Things: I'm working from home today!
Bad Things: It's because I'm sick.
Really Bad Things: In an effort to be a responsible adult, I'm refusing to drink coffee.
Really, REALLY Bad Things: OH THE MIGRAINE.
Good Things: I have drunk a lot of really good tea instead.

Good Things: I made chocolate chip cookies! I BAKED! And Not Under Duress!
Bad Things: Being home puts me closer to the gigantic plate of fresh cookies.
Really Bad Things: I've had four. Today.
Good Things: I only baked 15 in the first place, so I can't get into too much trouble.

Good Things: Also I have clean clothes!
Really Good Things: YAY CLEAN CLOTHES!

Good Things: My blind date--thank you, Craigslist--went well on Saturday.
Bad Things: It may not matter because I just discovered last night that I have a crush on a friend.
NOTE TO SELF: DRINKING AND MEN FRIENDS OR NEIGHBORS DO NOT MIX.
Good Things: I did get to see my friend, and it's always nice to see someone you care about.
Bad Things: We really CANNOT start to see each other. I'm tired of my ruining my male friendships with sex!
Really Bad Things: Uh...I swear, the sex is not that bad. I'm not that bad. I swear.

Good Things: Got to see the Hot Metrosexual Across the Hall.
Bad Things: It was in order to borrow his cookie sheet for the cookies.
Good Things: So far in our relationship he has dressed me, taken out my trash, made me coffee, and loaned me cooking utensils.
Bad Things: Most of those things I should be (according to gender roles) better at than he is.
Really Bad Things: This ruins any chances I had of sleeping with him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! on the drinking and friends don't mix. Bad, bad, bad, bad things happen.

Blind date? I am confused. What happened to former roomie, or are you practicing the fine art of multitasking? YAY! for jugglers!

I dropped one ball (no pun intended) but added a new one to the mix this weekend. For any number of reasons, this new ball may be one I catch and hang on to, letting all the others fall.

Too soon to tell of course, and truth be told, I like juggling. However, I'm afraid a juggler's career has a short life expectancy. We can't stay cute forever!

ramblin' girl said...

so very true. excessive drinking + guy friends (almost always) = BIG trouble!

Aarwenn said...

Henceforth I will NOT drink or talk about sex with male friends! It's like foreplay with the added bonus of forbidden fruit! TERRIBLE!

Uscar said...

I don't get to hear any good stories anymore?? Dammit woman! I hearby protest!

Aarwenn said...

Uscar- (Aarwenn sings): You're so vain...you probably think this post is about you...you're so vain! (So vain!) You probably think this post is about you, don't you, don't you...?

Yo. You definitely count as a male friend (awww) but you're so safe because you have that fab girlfriend. That none of us have met, but still, she seems pretty fab. :)