Thursday, May 01, 2008

About Those Vietnamese Sandwiches...

Aarwenn's a tease, or more likely a ditz. I mentioned Vietnamese sandwiches, and then I didn't talk about them, as the LT pointed out. Whoops.

Picture from Herbivoracious.

Doesn't that look yummy? The author made it himself, an effort which I applaud but see no need to repeat. Instead, I'm following his post on where to buy Vietnamese Sandwiches. Because buying them premade is, in most cases, under two freakin' bucks, so why wouldn't you?

(For those who keep wondering why I'm so excited about the idea of a sandwich being Vietnamese, and isn't that a little racist?--they're a product of the French Imperial Occupation of Vietnam, aka A Specific Food Item.) I've never had one but plan to buy one or several at my earliest opportunity.

No comments: