Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm posting a ton in other people's blogs...

So, as an alternative to thinking up new things to say here, I'll simply cut-and-paste. Because laziness is the key to...um...repetition?

How I Practically Busted Off My Own Butt:

Just a few short weeks ago, I came back from kickboxing exhausted and not fully in control of my leg muscles, and my parents' shower is always kind of slidy, so when I stepped into the shower with my right leg first (because I'm right-handed) it slid out from under me immediately, and because I had no reaction time whatsoever (since my muscles resembled jelly) I forgoed anything like flailing or grabbing the shower curtain rail, and simply sat down, very hard, on both the edge of the tub AND the washcloth rack IN the tub. You know how you get a bump on your head when you hit it? I actually had a bump on my ASS. (You couldn't see it, thanks to fat, but you could feel it, as my boyfriend discovered.) The bruise was less like a bruise and looked more like a blue flesh-eating virus had attacked my entire left ass cheek, with concentrations of black and red in the center. Once again, thank God for fat--I would have cracked my tailbone.

My New Addiction:

Okay, so I had some Starbucks today, so sue me. The two places that sell the Liquid Crack that is MarketSpice Tea in Tacoma aren't open early enough to serve me--I'll have to buy some! (Damn, more shopping.) So I had Starbucks this morning, instead, but I didn't have Starbucks for FOUR out of SEVEN days last week. For me, that's incredible.

But back to MarketSpice Tea. Liquid Crack, I tell you. It's wonderful, amazing stuff, with or without a tad bit of honey for sweetener. The two places that sell it close by, which everyone in Tacoma should visit: The Mandolin Cafe, which is about 100 times more incredible than it looks on their rather amateur website, and the Shakabrah Cafe, which is totally incredible and has no website. (This is what I love about Tacoma. Although I love the Internet more than I love air, even I can recognize the coolness of these places, which are SO COOL in real life that they don't even need a website. They don't even want one. They have no need to prove to Seattle-ites how cool they are, because everyone who needs to know, knows. That's just how cool they are.)

Sigh. MarketSpice Tea. I could really use some of that. But until that happens...I'll make do with my rather flavorless Stash "Premium" Green Tea. Right. Stash. (Okay, Stash isn't that bad, but they aren't as good as MarketSpice. For those of you who are confused, MarketSpice is both the name of a Seattle Tea Company, based in Pike Place Market since 1911, and the name of that company's signature tea. They also make many other kinds of tea. All of which are completely awesome.)

5 comments:

Froggylady said...

The bathtub incident sounds totally painful. I have had falls like that and it amazes me just how gross the bruise can get before it goes away a month later.

kt said...

mmmmm - i love marketspice! i always stock up when i visit my family.

Aarwenn said...

It hurt so much that the entire ass cheek went numb, like the nerves just shut down in protest. It was unbelieveable.

And MarketSpice is now available online at amazon.com! I've even helpfully included the link! :)

ramblin' girl said...

I'm sure you saw my bathtub story on SW's blog... I'll have to do a full story on that one sometime, it was very entertaining for all my friends...

Aarwenn said...

I did! I saw it! I was in pain for you.