Wednesday, June 29, 2005

No pictures yet...

Because, um, I enjoyed myself a great deal at the party, and couldn't work my camera phone, (although I didn't get half as effed up as I did at my LAST house party!) and no one stood still for pictures anyway, (and with the amount of trouble I was having with my camera phone, they would have needed to stand still until they aged) and the light wasn't very good and I was too involved changing music, re-filling the jungle juice bowl, and talking to people!

Highlights: My parents came, and even stayed for a little while! They weren't scared of my friends!

All my B----- peeps carpooled down from Everett! (For the record, that's about an hour and a half, one way. Three hours round trip.)

One of the B----- peeps brought Everclear, from his home state of Montana, and I made some excellent and very potent jungle juice with it.

One of my friends passed out, not once, but TWICE.

Another one of my friends passed out only once.

The Dogs were a little crazy, but good. Lots of laughter, lots of fun, lots of drunkeness, and I didn't even take my shirt off, this time! (Yes, the last house party I had, I did.)

Woo!

8 comments:

Shananigans said...

Wow, you invited your parents to your house party and they came? You are either exceptionally brave or you have really cool parents, or some of both :) Glad you all had fun! Is jungle juice like wop (as in wopatulli?). The large tub of booze (usually clear and flavorless, like vodka or everclear) and juice/punch/whatever-floats-your-boat mixer and fruit frequently served at college house parties? Cause man, I love that stuff!

Aarwenn said...

I've never heard of wopatulli, but yes, jungle juice is a large tub of punch, spiked with something clear. In this case it was Country Tyme Lemonade and Everclear, and it was quite good, if I do say so myself. When we ran out, people bugged me incessantly until I finally had to stop what I was doing and make some more!

And the housewarming party started at seven, which is pretty family friendly. They left before things got crazy. :)

Aarwenn said...

They = my parents. And yes, I try to be brave where they're concerned...but it doesn't carry over, yet, to smoking a cigarette in front of them. :)

ramblin' girl said...

I missed jungle juice... with Everclear?? I didn't know that was the tasty beverage being served, or I'd have flown up... ;-)

I've started inviting my parents to all my parties, my friends think it's cool they show up, and they like hanging with my friends... and they usually leave before the good stuff starts, too.

ramblin' girl said...

oh, yeah, and glad you welcomed the new house in style.

Aarwenn said...

Thanks, RG! The thing is, the Everclear wasn't a sure thing...you can never really depend on something that someone else is supposed to bring. But I've gotten similar responses from people who didn't come. "You didn't tell me there was going to be Everclear!" they say, and then I say to them, "And if that's the only reason my party was cool enough for you, I'm glad you didn't!"

Not that that includes you, of course. :)

Susan said...

Sounds like a fun partay!

Anonymous said...

I brought some Moonshine from Kentucky to a party one time...BIG HIT! Lol. Can't believe your parents came, too funny. I would NEVER invite mine...alcoholic Mom, super religious Dad.