Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Up and Down and Down and Up

Up: I learned yesterday that I'll be awarded an award (hehe) because of all the work I've done on this project I ended up running! I get a certificate, it goes in my employee file, and I get a little cash! Woo!

Down: My wallet, the one that was stolen? I was hoping it was accidental, or that I'd just lost it, or something. No such luck. Which I know, because I forgot to cancel my corporate credit card. And that's the one they used. Double damn. The charges can be dropped, but still...complications. And it makes the situation--my wallet being stolen from my best friend's house--that much more messy and unhappy. :(

Down: I'm cowering in fear because apparently my very old-school manager--as in, the one who can barely operate a computer--is frowning on this idea of me working from home. Apparently working from home twice a month is too much. WTF? I thought B----- Corporate was all about it? I guess not.

And Up: This just came in from CAE.

Me: "I know you're busy, but really quick: did I mention that my class is performing tonight for a much more advanced class? That's right. Rowr."

Him: "You're soooo cute! Let me know how it goes."

All together now: AWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

Nothing better than a brand-new relationship. :)

8 comments:

Serendipity said...

Hi,

I was just reading ramdom blogs and I hit upon yours, just want to say i had fun,

check out mine if you like..

(G)

Shananigans said...

Congrats on you award and bonus! That rocks. And that is really sketchy that someone stole your wallet at your friend’s house and used that credit card. Any idea who it might have been? So you and CAE are all boyfriend/girlfriend now? Enjoy and good luck.

Anonymous said...

you can remove this -- just wanted to let you know you didn't mask your company name

-m

Aarwenn said...

Thanks, m--I'm not removing it because I'm using this comment to remind me to address an FAQ about this very subject. Thanks for the sharp eyes.

Aarwenn said...

Hi Ms. Pan,

You didn't miss anything, it's just a hip-hop class at the Y. But it's awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

You're taking a hip hop class? Holla! Lord I hate that fucking word.

Bitch about the wallet turning up to be stolen. Big, big bitch. Sorry. Hope they catch the fucker. Or being that it was someone who went through your friends house would it be bad if they were caught?

I'll call you soon, I swear. It's one of those weekends where I work 40 hours in 56. Hurrah.

kt said...

yay - award!
boo - wallet!
boo - old skool manager!
yay - new boy!

wow, sounds like a day i would have. had my purse stolen once when i worked in a very rizty art gallery.. only had $10 in it - but of course also had my phone, keys, plastic, id, etc. some guy found it in a trash can a few days later and was able to track me down. amazingly, everything was still there except the $10. i would have paid the theif $20 to not take it in the first place. cancelling cards and getting new ids is a pain in the ass.

Aarwenn said...

Kt-seriously.