Monday, January 23, 2006

Next Stop, Detroit!

Yeah! Go Seahawks, Go Seahawks, go, go, go Seahawks!

For those of you who are Seattle natives, and care about pro ball (which would be no one who reads this blog) I don't have to explain what a big deal this is. For those of you who aren't Seattle natives or don't care about pro ball, I'll save you the explanation.

So, moving on. I spent most of my day sitting very still in my office chair and trying to stifle my groans. Note to self: walking, for an hour and a half, letting your dog set the pace, when you're still not at 100% health-wise and haven't worked out in a week...is a bad idea. My muscles aren't on fire so much as they're at sort of a dull roar. It's like I've been beaten, hard, by a pillow with a core of lead--not sharp enough to leave bruising, but hard enough to leave deep-tissue aches. And no, I don't really have any idea what that feels like. Thank God.

Obviously the way to counteract this would be to eat the health food I have here--spinach, peppers, and organic mac and cheese--but digesting "real" food just seems like too much work. And so I ate pizza for lunch and have had one mini Mr. Good bar, one mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and one cherry Starburst. And dry cereal. (In other news, can someone tell me while cereal that's really good for you--like Kashi or Smart Start--is so effin' high in calories, and a cereal like Lucky Charms has a calorie content of almost HALF that of Smart Start? Why? Why? Oh, the insanity!)

Moving on, again. Finally the painkiller that I took (god bless you, ibuprofen) kicked in, and now I have some semblance of a sense of humor. I missed it while it was gone. Welcome back, humor.

In other news, everyone really needs to read this: 'Tis the Season to Be Sickly. Note to CAE: walking in the rain does NOT cause colds!

Also in today's news, I said "Foucault's Pendulum" when I meant to say "Occam's Razor". Whoops.

And finally, it will be the best Superbowl ever (at least for me) because PITTSBURGH is playing the HAWKS! (It would be helpful to know for everyone that I went to Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh for college. Nonetheless, there's no doubt who I'm rooting for. The Steelers have been to the 'Bowl already. Seattle is the underdog, and Seattle will WIN, WIN WIN.

7 comments:

alex said...

If I knew your address, I would send you a can of Iron City and a Terrible Towel (unfortunately for you, there are no distributors for Pittsburgh Brewing Co. in Washington). Well, I don't have a towel to send, but I do have a case of IC.

Go Stillers! (link goes to a Steeler's fight song.)

Aarwenn said...

Wow! That song is truly...truly...um, something. And I saw some Terrible Towels being waved at the NFC Championship Game--I almost cried. Is that sad or what?

Aarwenn said...

Oh, and the current flight plan calls for me to be there at Carnival. I'll have all the IC Light I can drink, then. Of course, the Hawks will have already crushed the Stillers in the Big Game, but I'll still drink it. In solidarity, like. :P

Shananigans said...

Congrats on your Seahawks. I watched a bit of the game on Sunday, and what a mauling! You must be very proud.

I have been eating like crap since last Friday, I finally had to crack down. I got goddamn Reese’s PB cups out of the vending machine yesterday, so unacceptable. I get the Kashi GoLean cereal (not to be confused with GoLean Crunch, which is high in sugar). I think it’s about 140 cals for a cup, and more protein and fiber than you can shake a stick at. Even if it’s lower on calories Lucky Charms is all empty calories, but I don’t have to tell a health nut like you that (disclaimer: this is coming from the girl who may or may not have eaten half a pizza within the last week *sigh*)

Aarwenn said...

Yes, you're right--Lucky Charms might be lowER in calories, but it has no nutritional value whatsoever, except as a vehicle for all the fake vitamin additions. It doesn't count as food if you can't pronounce the ingredients. :) I'm doing so much better today--I've eaten carrots, peppers, spinach, and an orange. And I feel better! Coincidence?

kt said...

well. it goes without saying that it would have been a MUCH better game had the donkey's not fucked up sunday. *sniff*

Aarwenn said...

kt: WELL. It ALSO goes without saying that them's fightin' words!