Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Things That Suck About Today

1. I couldn't find a swimsuit at Nordstrom that was a) cute, and b) not 130 dollars.
2. I realized that even with my $50 Nordstrom gift card, I wouldn't be able to afford anything AND eat in Whistler. (Unless the entire swimsuit was less than $50.)
3. They have really great sheet sets on Overstock.com that I can't buy, either, even though I really need new sheets.
4. Following the above rationale, I can't afford an old team suit at NW Swim Shop either. I will just wear the bikini I already have with the stained crotch and take what comes.
5. At least my legs will be shaved.
6. I cannot make CAE pay enough attention to me.
7. Of course, I'm in a mood in which "enough attention" would be physically covering me, 24-7.
8. Really. I just want to be held. I've realized, while talking to him on IM today, that I don't really have anything to say.
9. And there's nothing wrong with the relationship. I just want to be covered in CAE. Not in a sick way. Just in a smothering kind of way.
10. Why is it that when you really need to be entertained, no one will entertain you?

Good things about today!

1. Yesterday I spent all day at my desk just ACHING for the gym. Could not wait to get to that gym. That was odd, but great.
2. Today, too, I can't wait to get home and maybe go for a run before Hip Hop Anonymous. (HHA) (CAE came up with that and I love it.)
3. Actually Did Stuff at work. (still on a path toward World Domination)
4. Had a great lunch with other new-hire friends. Funny and wonderful.
5. Last day of work for the week! WOO!
6. Leaving for Whistler for THREE AND A HALF DAYS, TOMORROW!
7. Picking my one of my BEST friends and partners in crime up tonight at the airport!
8. Going to Karaoke!

And an observation: in the New World Order, there will be no meetings. Ever.

a. If two people need to talk, they can talk on the phone. (Cell, of course.) So that they can be anywhere. Like, a Starbucks.
b. If three or more people need to talk, they can get a conference call through a central operator. And still be on cell phones. Shopping, or walking along downtown.
c. If a face-to-face event is required, there will be NO SITTING. And discussions will last no longer than 15 minutes without a break.

ARGH.

2 comments:

Shananigans said...

I know I’ve heard Hip Hop Anonymous before, maybe in an Adam Sandler movie. I am actually looking forward to going to the gym tonight, isn’t that strange? I’ve had my gym bag packed since Tuesday, but late meetings (which I agree should be abolished), the Rose Bowl and a needy dog have prevented me from actually going (unless I get up to go at like, 5am, and come on who does that?).

Hope you’re having fun in Whistler in your stained crotch bikini (do we even what to know? LoL).

Aarwenn said...

Okay, I'm a girl, and occasionally, at certain times of the month, I bleed...

Is that TMI? I thought so. :)