Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hump Day!

Things that make me happy: The LT's eyes lighting up when he hears that I've made more of his favorite cookies, just for him.

Things that make me sad: I made those cookies so he would have something to take with him on the plane home.

Things that make everyone sad: He's heading home to attend his aunt's funeral. Everyone please send their good thoughts his way.

Things that make me happy: Walking with Titan! It's my therapy.

Things that make me sad: I forget everything I think about while walking. I HAVE a damn voice recorder, I should use it!

Things that make everyone sad: The loss of my brilliance. DUH. Yes. No?

Things that make me happy: The new Lily Allen album, which I have listened to approximately 2098 times since I bought it. And I don't think there even ARE that many hours in the time period since I bought it.

Things that make me sad: There aren't enough artists that inspire me the way she does.

Things that make me happy: I told a nice artist-type lady at a boutique that I was a writer.

Things that make me sad: I have written exactly one page of new material for my novel in the last, oh, year. YEAR.

Things that make me happy: The EXCELLENT pizza I'm making!

Things that make me sad: It will be tomorrow by the time everything is ready.

Things that make happy: I have a new purse and new boots. These things make me VERY happy.

Things that make me happy: I get to go skiing with T-TOWN on Saturday! Her leg is recovering! We can ski together again!

Things that make me happy, last one: I will probably go to T-Town, the city, and see people I know and all that, this very weekend!

Things that make me sad: I'll have time to do so because I won't see the LT until Sunday! Boo.

Boo, indeed.

Things that make me happy, lighter note: My mother, for a long time, has brushed off guests' offers to help clean up after meals and things with this reassurance: "Oh, the elves will get it." And I just realized that I have told people, many times recently, "Oh, I'd better go tell the gnomes to start dinner/walk Titan/clean the kitchen/start the commotion." This makes me giggle, our similarities.

Things that make me sad, lighter note: WOW am I like my mother.

Confidential to my Christian readers: I hope you all had a contemplative and rewarding Ash Wednesday.

No comments: