Thursday, February 08, 2007

Picture-Crazy Thursday!

My friend Dave Fry, whose real name I will use because he puts it on the internet already, is a talented amateur photographer, although maybe not with the best eye for fonts (hi Dave!)) and has a terrific photo journal available on teh interweb. He's a little behind, but we won't hold that against him, will we?

Anyway, he takes pictures every day, every single damn day, sometimes of big things but just as often of little things, and he posts them. The End. So if you don't know Dave, this might not be important to you at all. Moving on.

The point is, he inspired me, because I had this terrible day of moving coming up, and I thought, maybe if I take pictures, this won't be so bad.

A picture of just how bad my mood was. I didn't even realize until I looked at this shot that I was scowling.

So I tried again. Faking a smile for the camera, even though it was indeed fake, actually did improve my mood. And THEN I saw THIS:
And that made me actually smile. (For those of you who want to know, my drink is a Triple Grande Soy Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Sans whip, obviously.) (And I bring my mug--which I talked about somewhere on here--about one-tenth of the time I visit a coffeehouse, which is 100% more than I thought I would.) (Fun with math! Hooray!)

Note: for those of you playing along at home, this is the Starbucks on about Third and Pike, I think. I waited for the bus at the damn busiest and most touristy-corner ever in Seattle, accompanied by this creepy mannequin stationed outside.

Don't ask. It's Seattle.

ANYWAY. I got the truck just fine, and it fit down the street, also good.


I hope you can see how gorgeous the weather was for this day. I picked an excellent day to move, just out of sheer dumb luck. It almost made me sad to leave, because Mike's house looks nothing but gorgeous.


Unfortunately, I had to leave. Which was actually good, because it turned out the place I was going to was even better!

No comments: