Monday, February 12, 2007

The Uncertain Twilight

I am unpacked enough today to sit down at my OWN desk at my OWN computer, something I haven't done in quite awhile, perhaps a year. A year. It seems almost ludicrous to think that I haven't done something for a whole year.

I sit here and type this blog post because it's my default state of being, a habit I picked up at college: if you don't have anything to do, you might as well sit at your computer, right? SOMEONE on the www will entertain you.

(One hour later) ...And indeed they have.

But it's easy to sit here, and not so easy to get up, because getting up requires making decisions. So far I have made the decision to eat a few crackers with tofu spread and hang out on the interweb. Earlier I made the decision to leash Titan and hang out on the Hill, and that's what we did.

NOW I have to decide: what I want for dinner, what I'm doing AFTER dinner, am I enjoying my new cable or finishing CSI or going to Beau's house, am I cooking tonight? Tomorrow night? Wednesday night? When am I making vegan goodies for V-Day? When am I starting on the rest of my apartment? How am I hanging my cork? What the heck am I doing with that rolling cart? Where am I putting my jewelery box? When am I organizing my bookshelf, my CD collection?

In Lorelai Gilmore's words: "It's too much of a hassle to eat. I'll just sit here and starve." (And I know that she said this because I SAW IT ON TV, TODAY, ON MY BRAND SPANKIN' NEW CABLE!)

Sigh. Anyone else have this problem? What's the first thing you do when you come home? I walk Titan, that's easy, but after that I'm flummoxed. Eat? Drink? Sleep? Be merry?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hard to tie together. I'd focus it further and I'll bet you still wind up getting your point across.

Cheers!