Monday, July 04, 2005

Independent Thought

First, a snippet thought from before the house party that I just discovered in my old, forgotten, drafts:

I came home yesterday to discover that an army of musicians had moved into my house.

No, really, it was only Monica (yes, we scheduled the house party for two days after her move-in date...so?) but I was so overwhelmed I walked in circles around our house like a sick animal. In my head, I'm thinking, Call your Mom. Call Rachel. Call a priest. Call your roommate. Call off the party!

Y'all know now that I didn't do ANY of those things, and that Monica and I moved our household of furniture in, basically, a 48 hour period. ROAR!

And more scattered thoughts:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be single, soon, or at least less committed. I like TheBoy a lot--but I'm itching to be single. Yes, there's boys on the list I want to date...but that's not the reason. It's just so summery and warm and nice out, and TheBoy is leaving for the Peace Corps in January, and after months of heartache and emotional wrangling, I've pretty much written off the relationship, so now it's just a waiting game--and if you know it's going to end, why wait? I know he's not the right person for me, and in six months he'll be leaving for two and a half years. I'd like to stay with him in some capacity, though...so I'd like to just step the commitment back. But if he doesn't want that (likely) then I'll say goodbye.

I have internet at my house! WOOOOOO!

I need a chair for my computer, or at least a stool. Or maybe a kneepad. I spend a lot of time on my knees, typing, in lieu of sitting. Feel free to make jokes about this.

Monica and I continue to make our house adorable. Pictures are coming. IKEA rules my school.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, EVERYBODY!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I cannot wait to see pictures!!!

kt said...

SOOO jealous that you have an ikea! denver doesn't have one =( i load up whenever i go visit my mom in seattle. last time i had to carry a lampshade on the plane!

and about theboy - if you know he's not the one, it's not worth dragging it out. i ended a 3 1/2 year relationship in college for the same reason.. and while it was painful at the time, it was exactly what i had to do. good luck!