Friday, May 05, 2006

Continuing in the "Good Quotes" category

Me: "Can I just say right now that I am listening to Ashlee Simpson. WILLINGLY."

K: "I have both of her CDs. And Lindsey Lohan's."

Me: "Darn, I could have had you burn them for me!"

K: "Trust me, you don't want Lindsey's." (Because ANYONE SANE would want ANY of the CDs we're discussing?)

Me: "Okay."

K: "I like the first CD of Ashlee's better, but her voice is better on the second one."

Me: "..."

K: "I seriously can't believe we're having this conversation."

Me:
"Me either. I was just trying to figure out what to type in response."

K: "..."

Me: "Okay. We're officially moving on from A. Simpson, that talentless whore of the music industry who inexplicably has us in her thrall."

K: "That'll work."

And, talking to T-Town:

Me, talking about a boy:
"Besides, we know it's not what he looks like, it's the fact that he drives: (1) a Jetta 1.8T (new. Red.) and (2) A DUCATI."

T-Town:
"I don't care if his jetta can cause an earthquake and then fly away from it, it is still a JETTA. The ducati is cool though, if you are into that sort of thing. And I know you are."

Me: "Hey!"

T-Town: "One has to raise their standards. A Jetta is by no means a bad car, I am just saying it is not lust inducing."

Me (muttering under my breath):
"It induced MY lust."

T-Town: "And that is hard?"

5 comments:

Shananigans said...

Hey, I like Jettas. Someday I will have a VW or Volvo, hopefully after they start making cars that run on sunshine, air and rainbows, because those cost less than $3.50/gal. And I'm a little horrified at the music conversation there, so I'll just pretend that never happened.

Aarwenn said...

Says a woman who wears TEVAS to a BAR.

I'm just sayin'. :) We all have our little quirks!

alex said...

So recently you scolded me, nearly disavowed ever knowing me mere hours after actually meeting me, for not recognizing songs by, what was it, Van Halen or Led Zeppelin or something like that. I felt inferior and silly...and now this. I'm sorry, but you've lost the moral high ground. Surely, listening to nothing is certainly better than listening to Lindslee Lohpson.

Anonymous said...

Dude. I dont' even know where to begin.

Seriously, your Ducati thing officially counts as a fetish. As in sexually arousing. Without any other inspiration.

*mutters*

note to self. Buy Ducati...

Aarwenn said...

Alex: It's true that I don't have the moral high ground anymore, but me listening to bad music doesn't absolve you of the responsibility to listen to GOOD music! And although my taste may now be in question, anyone that you have to hear at least some Zeppelin before you die.

Beau: Ha.