Friday, May 19, 2006

Now and NOW.

It's cloudy here today after four days of GORGEOUS sunshine. Although gray is the Seattle standard, it's almost painful to have beautiful weather shown to us and then snatched away.

It's a Blue Friday for me. I am wearing unfortunate jeans and having a bad hair day. All I can think about is the future. Not the immediate future--THAT's filled with jail and brokeness.

The FUTURE future, on the other hand, is the early spring of 2009. It has me sipping coffee on sun-drenched balconies in Spain. I'm a published author--maybe three times, by then. I have gotten a work visa for Canada and ski-bummed for a winter in Whistler during the 2008 Olympic Winter Games. I have been to Cuba. I have taken a road trip with my girls to Mexico. I have camped and hiked and rock-climbed. I have been to Africa.

I am 25, in early 2009 I'll be 28, it is three short years from now and I won't make it. Let's get real. In three years, I'll still be working here. I will have been nowhere. I will still be in debt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* Dude, if you're looking for a Canadian work permit, I have plenty of single friends in Vancouver who you could have a Marriage of Convenience with. Work your network, girl. WORK IT!

alex said...

Try giving yourself two more years. The Vancouver Olympic games are in 2010 (China has the Summer Olympics in 2008).

Anonymous said...

marriage of convenience to a kiwi? hmm.

I think if you get your poo together and have me help you sell your book you could have quit your job by this time next year and get a chunky advance. Write plays later on when you can afford it.

And delete Freecell. It's a time suck.

Aarwenn said...

Alex, that's helpful. Thank you. :)

And, hey, I KNOW a kiwi!