Thursday, May 25, 2006

Note to Those of You Who Thought I Was Going Overboard With My Last Post:

1. Eff you. I have to do something with all this nervous energy that I'm NOT spending on jail, right?

2. My brain still hurts. It hurts on the inside.

3. (That MIGHT have something to do with the coffee and the lack of sleep. But Mom, I've been eating right, I promise!)

4. My connection has gone out five times in an hour.

5. And Finally, What Happened With That Damn Jail Term?

Very simple. The cop's calibration on his laser was out of date!

He still paced me at 85 mph, which is still pretty reckless, but it's not jail time. No jail time, no suspended jail time, no revoked license, nothing--but a $200 fine! Yay!

The REAL kicker is that apparently 97 mph is an eye-brow raising, shock-whistling speed. I was FAMOUS today, y'all. (And not in a good way like before.) I was the fastest speed case on the docket. Other lawyers that I called (when I was shopping around) had remembered me and my excessive speed, and they were all watching Garrett, my attorney. One of them asked Garrett, "Hey, where's your high-speed girl?"...right as I walked up behind him. (Garrett's reply: "Actually, she's right behind you!")

So, there's a fine, and a reckless driving conviction, but no other consequence. It's a heavy speeding ticket! YAY!

Now to bum around in D.C. for two days while I wait to fly early standby home. Sigh.

4 comments:

Shananigans said...

Yay! I'm so happy you're not going to jail. Have fun and stop for a drink (or a few) at Fox and Hounds if you get the chance, it’s walking distance from the DuPont Cir stop on the red line. Cheap strong drinks and plenty of eye candy ;)

Anonymous said...

Call me, and I'll take you out to dinner tonight before dragging you out swing dancing. Same number since senior year, but I can't find your cell number for some reason.
-Quatoes

Aarwenn said...

Darlin', I already have plans!

But I do have your number. I will call. I hope.

Anonymous said...

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=80416

And as we can see here, you're no longer the top Speeded in DC Metro Area...