Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Also, a note

I may have misled my blogging audience in a previous post.

When I use the word "bloom", I mean, "my features somehow stopped looking like a cackling witch in training--and I don't mean the kind of hot voodoo witch in Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (go see it!)--I mean the kind of baby witch that was ditch-delivered by a drab and abandoned at birth, and grew up hunchbacked."

Really, that is what I looked like. Until about...16, maybe. Maybe a little earlier.

It wasn't that I became the beauty I am today directly at sixteen (HA!), it was that my features no longer scared children on the street. I looked normal. Until about junior year in college, when a very special lady (Hi there, Redhead!) taught me to apply makeup, and my world has never been the same.

THE POINT is that I was using the word "bloom" to describe "grew into my nose", not "fill out".

Because if we want to have an "I filled out earliest!" contest, I'll take people down! Because you know how when little girls grow up, they want to either ride horse or be a ballerina?

If you develop breasts at fourth grade, there is NO WAY you can be a ballerina. I rode horses instead. Which gave me excellent practice for my current stallion. (Ba-dum!)

Come on, you KNEW that joke was coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all knew the joke was coming. But it didnt make the joke any funnier. Hope all is well.

Former roomie

Anonymous said...

*blink, blink* JUNIOR year in college? Heh. Aarwenn, you were eye catching from when I first remember meeting you Froshling year. (Remember meeting you...it's still amusing to get emails from someone I didn't remember)

Aarwenn said...

Q: Flatterer.
Former roomie: Shut UP, it WAS funny. All is well. I'll be in T-Town this weekend. Whatcha up to?

Anonymous said...

i met you when you were like 13 and never had thoughts involving you being born to hunchbacks in ditches or being hit by 'ugly' implements, etc.

so there.

If this was from anyone else, ever, i would have taken this to be the biggest fucking 'love me, tell me i'm pretty' fishing expedition in the world. But I know you, and that's not your game.

Isn't this awesome? You're gonna get like 100 comments from me in a day! I should not read your blog for a month more often.

Aarwenn said...

No, I'm not fishing, but thank you, darlin'. I can't promise to respond to all of YOUR comments in the same day-- but I'm working on it!