Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Formatting note

About something no one will even NOTICE except me! Yes. I = OCD.

Although the B has so far been extremely liberal regarding my computer usage, the time has come to buckle down, which means I can't just hang out on blogger, composing and editing posts at my leisure, the way I used to.

So I will now compose them in Word and cut-and-paste them to Blogger.

So the apostrophes and the commas will look different. Which will bug me, and I'll want to go through and change them all, but I won't have time, which is a good thing for both my career AND my little problem.

Yes. It will bug me. I = OCD.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Change the font type to plain text and then copy and paste into blogger.

Voila! You keep your job AND you keep your fonts.

Aarwenn said...

I think I've tried that and it didn't work, but maybe I'm wrong. I will try again.

Also, I can't decide which makes me happier: the advice to fix my problem, or the fact that YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Rawr!

Aarwenn said...

I can't find the "plain text" option on MS Word!

Anonymous said...

DOOOOOOOOOD! I'm a marketing chick, I live for this font/formatting shit. Also, I JUST re-did my resume, needing both a Word and a plain text option. You have two options:

- Save the word doc as plain text file (File->Save As); OR

- Use courier as your font.

You're welcome! ;)

Aarwenn said...

As in Courier, not NEW courier, right? Because that still give me the funny apostrophes and quotation marks.

Anonymous said...

Correct. Just plain courier. I'm afraid if it's not one of your available fonts, you're SOL.

UNLESS... Your Outlook uses Word as its editor. In which case, you can use IT to type your posts, and then select plain text as the message format.

Jesus! I'm dorkier than I ever thought I was.

alex said...

Me != OCD so I couldn't really care less. But, how about just using Notebook to compose instead of Word? That will be in plain text, and might work for what Dewey is suggesting?

Anonymous said...

Alex, no spell check.

Aarwenn said...

Dewey suggests that I would NEED spellcheck???

Anonymous said...

But of course you do! All geniuses know typing is beneath us, and so we are lousy typists. Therefore, spellcheck is required to do that which we are too fucking SMART and IMPORTANT to do ourselves.