Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Indian Summer

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and, oh, so mellow.
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow.
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a tender and callow fellow.
Try to remember, and if you remember,
Then follow,

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow,

Try to remember when life was so tender
That no one wept except the willow.
Try to remember when life was so tender
That dreams were kept beside your pillow.
Try to remember when life was so tender
That love was an ember about to billow.
Try to remember, and if you remember,
Then follow,

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow,
follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow,
follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow,

Deep in December it's nice to remember,
Although you know the snow will follow.
Deep in December it's nice to remember
Without a hurt, the heart is hollow.
Deep in December it's nice to remember
The fire of September that made us mellow.
Deep in December our hearts should remember,
And follow,

Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow,

Follow.

LT and I on our way to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Paramount. Another musical that broke tradition, and had great songs to boot.

6 comments:

Shananigans said...

I think we did that song in chorus in high school, sounds very familiar. I love musicals, I wish the tickets for them didn’t cost mucho dinero. Plus I would probably never get Jason to go see one with me, he thinks I’m a huge dork because I have a small soundtrack collection. Nice self-portrait skills there!

Anonymous said...

Sigh! I was Lousia! Such memories. Thanks for bringing them back! :-)

Aarwenn said...

You're welcome, sweetie!

Shan: DRS tickets cost maybe thirty bucks? And it was so, so worth it.

Of course, I can say that because the LT took me, but still...I would have bought one! :)

Anonymous said...

"Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and, oh, so mellow."

Slow and mellow? I think my head is still spinning from this weekend.

However, I think our lunch this afternoon shall be a hallmark of our autumn; hopefully it will also be so for the winter and all its opportunity.

Aarwenn said...

So true on the first part, and AMEN on the second part.

Love the new initials.

Anonymous said...

Awww, so are you guys! We're all just so damn cute. It's all so sweet, I'm getting a toothache!

*sigh* As revolting as I find the shiny new nickle phase when it's happening to OTHER people, I gotta' say it's pretty darn sweet.