Monday, November 27, 2006

Addendum

In the continuing tradition of rescuing my friends from ever needing to start their own blogs or even update them once they have them, I'll add to the previous post: I heard from T-Town (the girl, not the city) today.

I was in the Dublin Gate, an Irish pub and restaurant at the bottom of the gondolas in Whistler Village, waiting for LT to finish skiing so we could start the long and tortuous journey through six inches of snow and 20 degree weather when my phone rang, and I answered it.

"Hello? Oh, hey, T-Town."

"Blah blah mfffle garble-warble leg," she said.

I pressed the phone a little tighter against my ear. "I'm sorry?"

"Blah brark garble-warble LEG," she said again.

Me, totally guessing: "Oh! Did you read my blog?"

T-Town: "What?"

Me: "Maybe I misunderstood. Say it again."

T-Town: "I BROKE MY GODDAMMED LEG, YOU STUCK-UP ONLY CHILD! IT IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU!"

Me, silent while this sinks in: "OH MY GOD! You broke your leg? What happened? Are you okay?"

T-Town: "Well, now that I'm done shouting at you, I'm fine, except for this broken leg."

Me: "Sweet! So did you read my blog?"

T-Town: "Oh, $(*&@# you."

2 comments:

kt said...

i'm going to be in the area over christmas. shall we have another karoake night?

Aarwenn said...

Heck yes! Call me! Do you know the number?