Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hungry, Hungry!

My Little left today (in fact, honey, I hope you're already in the taxi!) and we agreed that we should never be allowed to hang out again with the supervision (and assistance) of a cook. Dear God. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in a weekend, ever before in my life. If we were taking it easy at home, we ate; if we were out walking around, we ate; if we were driving somewhere, we ate, and all the other times that we weren't recharging at home, walking around, or driving somewhere, we were actually at restaurants, and at those restaurants, we were...eating!

I should have seen this coming. Most of our college hanging out revolved around her showing up at the house and throwing pillows at my head until I woke up and agreed to come to Pamela's (in/famous breakfast place.) After eating our own weights at Pamela's, we'd go next door to the bakery and buy raspberry and blueberry tarts with sour cream, and when we weren't doing that, we stopped off for Frappucinos on the way home. When she was sick in the hospital I brought her bagel sandwiches from Bruegger's and her favorite Frappucino.

Both of us absolutely love food, so we're bad influences on each other, and we have huge appetites. We immediately went to the grocery store upon her arrival. At Pike Place Market, she bought garlic-infused olive oil and Dungeness Crab, and in wine country, we bought bottles of wine that cost more than a restaurant meal and artisan chocolate.

I couldn't be prouder. In her honor, I am writing a long post about food and foodie-ism on the OTHER blog. (Eventually. It'll be there eventually. I promise.)

Anyway, we had a great time, in spite of me not washing the sheets, even though I said I was going to, and in spite of my shower head attacking her one morning, and in spite of the CONSTANT rain. (It's sunny today! Yay!) Pictures are coming!

Next up for me: a trip to NYC!

No comments: