Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blogging the Relationship: Dracula

Me: "I finished Dracula!"
LT: "Wow, all in one day?"
Me: "Yes. It was really incredible. I expected it to be dry and it wasn't, not at all. I devoured it, no pun intended."
LT: "Good! Glad you enjoyed it. I hoped you would."
Me: "One odd thing, though. Not to put too feminist a spin on a classic work about my favorite subject, but I noticed some interesting views on women in that book. When human, they were these perfect examples of purity, innocence, and goodness, the perfect woman, who never had an impure thought or cursed or had any desire whatsoever. When they were in their vampire state, they were seductive, wanton, voluptuous, all 'kiss me, kiss me', with deep, kissable lips."
LT: "That's not how women are in real life?"

No comments: