Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Am Doing What I Thought I Would Never Do

I am on a fast for the weekend, and I haven't had any caffeine since FRIDAY. (Outside of chocolate.)

Update: I started this post yesterday, and since then I definitely did not stick to the fast, supposed to be just vegetable broth and a few cooked vegetables. I have homemade cookies and rolls in my kitchen, and I am just a weak woman. But still, I have eaten very little, and it feels great. I'm not light headed or weak, and my brain still seems to be working. I'm even cleaning the house. Not like there's anything else I can do. I'm sick and trying not to spend money. (Sorry--was that bitter?)

Still, it's a worthwhile effort, I think, to attempt to reset your body for a weekend. I crossed a lot of things off my to-do list, including find my camera (which was lost for a week), cook all the vegetables in my fridge, take Titan to a dog park, and take down my Christmas decorations--but not before I photographed them!--and a host of other things. Most enjoyable. I missed a few important things--a friend's birthday party that I was much too sick to go to, and a night of hanging out at a friend's house--but I got a lot of personal things done, and that is great. Hope everyone's weekend was just as enjoyable.

No comments: