Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I feel so pretty, oh so pretty*

Warning: Boring Post.

Newsflash: I PAINTED MY NAILS. Yes, I did. I can't remember the last time I had painted nails--either toe or finger. For those who want to know: the fingernails are clear, the toenails are silver. Gunmetal silver.

Because, you see, I had low-grade food poisoning last night, which prevented me from going to the gym. Note to self: Don't eat B's cafeteria's attempt at Indian food, no matter how hungry you are. Full disclosure: I probably wouldn't have gone to the gym anyway. I had a great day at work, but it involved walking all over the factory--which is the size of NINETY-ONE FOOTBALL FIELDS--and climbing up to planes and back down again and all over the planes, everywhere. I was exhausted. Which was my excuse as to why I spent three hours watching TV, which is in turn what sponsored the nail-painting. Love you, CSI.

Things I want to do that I haven't done in awhile:

1. Climb the wall at REI!
2. Ski! (Happening on Saturday!)
3. Have a dinner party! (Happening on Saturday!)

Things I HAVE done:

1. Sold all my old doll memorabilia!
2. Written a page of my novel!
3. Cleaned my room!
4. Hand-washed all my sweaters! (A waste of time--I could have put them in the washer on Very Gentle.)
5. Gotten my shoes re-heeled!
6. Taken stuff to the dry-cleaners!
7. Started tutoring again!

Things I NEED to do:

1. Finish Organizing Music Collection, Dammit.
2. Wash the dishes.
3. Make stencils for shirts.

*Title is blatantly stolen from a post title of T-Town Girl.

6 comments:

alex said...

I'm jealous of your ski trips. I'm going skiing this weekend, too, but it's supposed to be in the low 50s with a chance of rain. Ick.

O, how I despise you, Poconos!

Erin said...

You inspired me to do my nails as well :) Fingers and toes are both this very bright fuscia w/purple irridescense color. Its a little distracting as I type.

Aarwenn said...

erin, I know what you mean! Even my clear nails are distracting. I really wanted to put gunmetal silver on my fingers, too, but I thought that would be a little too much for B-----.

Erin said...

But then you'd match the products!

I probably should be more conservative at work, but eh. My clothes are pretty normal, but I've been known to go a bit overboard with the highlights...

this was my hair last July (and right before I was a bridesmaid in a wedding.)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v518/erintrail/?action=view¤t=IMG_0603.jpg
Crappy picture of me, but oh well. Even I admit, that was a wee bit overboard ;)

Aarwenn said...

WOW. Yes, that wouldn't fly (HA!) at my office.

LOVE the idea about matching the products, though! B's colors are really shades of blue and white with gold trim, and if I painted my nails with those colors at this time, I'd look like a seahawks fan. Blech. Not that I'm not a fan! I'm just not a face/nail-paintin' kind of fan.

Maybe for my upcoming defense meeting I should get a manicure and get my nails painted with camo? :)

Aarwenn said...

Well, yes, ORIGINALLY it's from West Side Story. But T-Town used it recently.