Sunday, February 26, 2006

Living Out Loud: My Faults

Hardware Engineer (aka High School Dropout) took me out on a first date to karaoke. He criticized my song choices, actually crumpled up one of my slips in front of me, and proceeded to tell me that women weren't very good at critical thinking. And I kept dating him.

My most recent ex-boyfriend told me once, when we were first dating, that I had a lot of vices. And then proceeded to list them. One of them was sex.

What kind of idiot tells the girl he's just started sleeping with that sex is one of her vices?

What kind of girl stays with him for another four months?

This girl, that's who.

Sometimes I can't believe the shit I still take from guys. But every day that goes by, every ski jump I take where I get MAD air, every time I refuse to count calories, every time I walk my dog, every time I work out so hard that I have bruises, every time I wake up stiff from running, every morning I wake up alone after a long night of clubbing, slightly hungover and perfectly content...

That is a good day.

No comments: