Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pink Mohawks, Weddings, Choir, and Pot

This weekend included a wedding, a birthday party at Belltown Billiards, yuppie central, and then a going-away show at Bob's Java Jive in Tacoma. The link says it all.

At Belltown Billiards, we drank Red Bull/Vodkas and Jameson, at $8 a drink, and then we went to the Frontier Room. My biggest worry was: not maxing out my credit card, staying sober enough to drive home, and not running over any drunk yuppies on the way.

At Bob's Java Jive, I drank PBR, at $2 a pint. My biggest worry was not pissing off the girl with the twin two-foot pink mohawks because I didn't want to get punched in the face, personally guarding my keys so that no one could sneak off and smoke a bowl in my car, and remembering my tab. I didn't do any of these things, but I got lucky--the girl with the mohawks didn't punch me--mainly because I refused to get angry when she confronted me, but I still feel like I chickened out--and no one violated my car. My tab is still open. (Note to Pink-Mohawked Girl: you're a poser and a half. I'm sorry I didn't meet your gaze while you were yelling in my face and say, coolly, "Are you done? Because your breath stinks and you're spitting on me. Get out of my face.")

Sunday rolled around and after singing in the church choir, I did a bunch of chores and went to Sunday Night Dinner. (This is a fairly common activity in the area. No connection should be made between this SND and the last one.) This was a totally different bunch of people; we ate steak and potatoes instead of salmon and artichokes, we drank PBR instead of wine, we listened to Faith No More and the Dropkick Murphys instead of Beck, and they broke out the pipe in the middle of dinner. I had already seen enough pot in one weekend, but I stayed to finish my meal and be polite. This morning my coat is airing out. At home.

And this week: short! Very short! Leaving for Whistler on THURSDAY! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Shananigans said...

3 day week for you? I'm jealous. I love PBRs, I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't get why pink mohawk girl had an issue, did I miss something? Bob's looks cool, any place that has $2 PBRs is A-OK in my book.