Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Someone up there loves me!

Actually, screw that. Several wonderful people down HERE love me!

Explanation: as I've been talking about/dissecting/explaining/complaining about for several posts now, over Christmas I fell into a money pit.

And so when I got this tempting email about a second trip to Whistler, I was sorely tempted, but knew that it would be absoutely impossible. I was already too in debt to even buy gas or groceries and dodging calls from creditors, and part of the reason was that I was still in debt from my LAST trip to Whistler, so really it would be a postively idiotic thing to do, not to mention completely impossible without winning the lottery. (When you can't get any more money from your bank card because you're overdrawn, you can't get any more money. Amazing how that works.)

So, I turned it down. With many tears in my heart.

And THEN I looked at the calendar, and realized: "Aarwenn, you're an idiot. You'll get your bonus and your tax return in the next week!"

So I emailed Whistler Lead Guy back in a panic, and said, "Hey, I can make it after all, let me know if there's a spot!" I heard back: "Sorry, we're full." And I was sad, but I understood.

This morning I got an email from my Boyz with this subject line: "You're in!" Email: "Sorry, we exaggerated about being full with 14 because we wanted to make sure we had a couple spots for people we wanted to come, like you! Happy Valentine's Day!"

Me: "Oh my GOD! That's the best Valentine's Day Present EVER! You guys, I think I love you! And may all y'all's V-Days be happy from here on through the end of time."

Adorable Boy: "Oh trust me, Aarwenn, we love you, too. That's why you're going."

This makes getting up at 4:30 today entirely worth it, even after going to bed at 11 because I went to a show last night. And yes, I also walked my dog and went to the gym. Did I mention I also work 12 hours a day? But none of that matters now, because I'M GOING TO WHISTLER AGAIN! WOO!!!

2 comments:

Shananigans said...

You still get to go, that's sweet! With all that work and not enough sleep you deserve some time on the slopes. I've been catching up on blogs since I've been too busy to do much of that lately, I just wanted to mention that your discussion of quantum physics and time travel made me thing of several episodes of Star Trek TNG, does that make me a super geek? I thought so…

Aarwenn said...

Yes, it does. But you knew that. :)

And, I know! Yay! (Full disclosure: I have huge bags under my eyes.)