Monday, February 27, 2006

Whistler = AWESOME

I have bruises everywhere, including a huge one on my calf that looks like a baseball (no idea where that one came from), matching bruises right above each knee (no idea about those either) and several flowering bruises on my rear. (I KNOW where those came from.)

Highlights:

I drank so much that I went into withdrawal on Sunday night at home and had to pour a quick Jameson.

The Olympics were ending. There was a Jumbotron set up on a stage in the Village Square that showed the Olympics 24-7. We stayed at the Fitzsimmons. Our windows looked directly out at the jumbotron. So did our hot tub.

I wrenched my knee on the first run of the first morning and skiied on it all weekend.

I went off jumps.

I got air on the jumps.

On a mogul run on the second day, I overextended my knee and popped it back into place! YAY!

I skiied so hard that going to the Terrain Park and doing jumps was easier than skiing any more. We cooled down at the terrain park.

The next morning, it hurt just to slice cheese.

It was so cold that it was a major topic of conversation--even for the locals and the lift operators.

The second day, we all came off the slopes and went directly to the Longhorn. We sat outside for hours in all our ski gear and drank while we watched the mountain empty out. The waitress hit on me. This made the 20 male engineers that were there very, very excited.

She never called me. Bitch.

As I walked to the condo, I was serenaded by Simple Plan, who was playing a free concert in front of the jumbotron.

I immediately ran up to the hottub. The hottub contained: a) my peeps, and b) Royal Canadian Mounties. I have no idea how they got there.

Simple Plan yelled up to us to ask if they could join us. We said of course they could, but...they never did. Bitches!

I re-wrenched my knee on the dance floor at Tommy Africa's.

Bob (or my Job, for those who don't read SheWalks) is sending me to FL tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. I return on Thursday evening, just in time for my day off on Friday.

I had to cancel two dates this week because of that.

I hope everyone's weekend was just as amazing!

8 comments:

Shananigans said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I’m more of a wuss, my weekend consisted of dog walking, doggy obedience class, yoga class, and meeting up with my peeps for a few pitchers of beer, one of whom is heading to Orlando on business today. What a coinky-dink. Hope Florida has plenty of sunshine for you.

Aarwenn said...

Thank you, sweetie. And I probably could have used some dog walking and yoga. I'm jealous. I haven't done yoga in years.

alex said...

I'm still jealous of all your ski trips. Then I looked the trail map for Whistler....Here's what I have to work with in the Poconos: www.skibluemt.com. It just makes me want to cry.

I spent my weekend in Philly. Constitution Center and Jim's Steaks on Saturday, dim sum and bubble tea on Sunday.

Aarwenn said...

alex, fly out to seattle and come skiing with me! and I haven't been to Philly since I was 13. what's it like?

Aarwenn said...

You used my two favorite words in once sentence: "drinks" and "carnival". I'm down!

And I never thought fries and coleslaw belonged on a sandwich either. And I was wrong.

alex said...

I'll take that as an open invitation, though it'll have to wait until next season. Instead we can go for drinks during carnival. :)

Philly is great. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods, good bars, and plenty of history. And the cheesesteaks...you'd never think cheez whiz would be good for anything, but you'd be wrong.

ramblin' girl said...

Whistler is awesome. although sounds like you did it up better than both of my visits there combined...

Anonymous said...

oh man i remember what happened last time I invited you over for drinks