Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME! or, a New Motto For Life

That's right, folks! The big 2-5! I'm a Quarter-Century old, TODAY!

And did you know that John Lennon was shot twenty-five years and six days ago? Just to make that more clear:

Dec. 8th, 1980: John Lennon is shot
Dec. 14th, 1980: Aarwenn is born.

I was pointing this out to Houseguest in L.A. last night, and he said, over the roar of the laundromat where he was doing his laundry,

"So, you're saying that you're the reincarnation of John Lennon?"

Duh. No wonder I'm a demanding, egotistical person. I was born to be a star!

Other big things in December:

Dec. 7th, 1941: Pearl Harbor is bombed.
Dec. 14th, 1981: My friend Amy is born. (That's right, we share a birthday.)
Dec. 14th, 2004: My friend Aaron gets married. The funny thing is that he and I had a thing, and he also dated Amy. So, smart readers will notice that he managed to make his anniversary The Same Day as TWO of his ex girlfriend's birthdays. That's an overachiever for you.
Dec. 18th, 197X: Houseguest is born! (That's right, our birthdays are that close.)

And many other wonderful people were born in December, like my lead engineer here at B-----, Hardware Engineer's Sister, my friend Kathleen, who just got married, and Patty Duke, just to name a few.

More birthday stuff:

Sagittarius:Your independence may be compromised when a parent or other loved one needs your assistance during an illness or while recovering from an injury. This means putting your own plans on hold, especially when travel is involved. This is a time for you to express unspoken love and gratitude.
Lucky Number: 560
Financial Outlook: excellent
Compatible Sign: Leo

Hmmmmmmmm...

And this one:

TODAY'S BIRTHDAY (December 14). You belong. This year, the stars remind you often that your contributions matter -- you're vital in the lives of others. Next month, you are able to shift your work in a more fulfilling direction. A longstanding family issue is settled next month to the best possible end. Virgo and Cancer share completely with you, bringing you joy and laughter. Your lucky numbers are: 50, 3, 22, 12 and 35.

(Note: this is surprisingly accurate regarding work.)

And another:

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21). Projects seem stale. Relationships need new energy. You can't see the charm in staying put. Long ago you started running, and you're running still.

This is also surprisingly accurate, which is why the news that I'm being moved to a new project here at B----- was so great to hear.

And finally, an new motto for life, and one that eerily echoes my last horoscope:

Keep your walking shoes on.

I went for a pre-birthday run last night, and it was really glorious. Cold and foggy, but not windy. Titan and I trotted and breathed for four miles, and I arrived home feeling euphoric, almost high. I also got to think about a lot of things, with just he and I pounding the pavement, like: CAE, and how different we are, and how his Ex is still so prominent in his life, and what I think about that, and how I second guess myself and try to please others, even when I shouldn't, and how there's still so much I want to do and try before I settle down, and how I want to get more into art, and, and...

And so I came up with the motto:
Keep your walking shoes on.

9 comments:

Froggylady said...

Happy Birthday!

Love the new motto.

kt said...

but the BEST birthday horoscope is the one i left on your myspace comments.. =)

ps - si's bday is the 18th too!

HAVE A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Aarwenn said...

Thank you, kat and kt!!!

alex said...

Happy Birthday


....oh, and the day which lives in infamy was in 1941, not 1944.

ramblin' girl said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Argh. Sorry, Happy Birthday!! I knew I was forgetting someone this week. *sighs*

-Q

Shananigans said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to you! 25 is fantastic.

Aarwenn said...

Thank you, everyone!! And, Alex...whoops.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun birthday weekend! Did you get my message on Wed . . . ?