Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sorry, readers

I'm still here. I'm just busy as hell. It's the holiday season. Y'all know.

Things I have been doing:

1. Running. Twice, now, in the last week!

2. Arguing with CAE. We had a very heated debate about things (about us, and about Life Issues) during which my phone may have accidentally hung up on him. And then we talked a little more, and then we were better. Isn't it a little early in the relationship to be fighting? Probably. But at least we're passionate. We are just really, really different.

3. Working a lot.

4. Receiving a battery-operated toy.
Yes, from kiwi. When I get time to properly try it out, you may never hear from me again.

Things I Have NOT Done:

1. Sent out a single Christmas card. Or put addresses on more than 12 out of 50. Or picked up the prints of Titan that I want to include with them.

2. Cleaned my house.

3. Done laundry.

4. Finished re-organizing my bookshelf.
I started this project Sunday, put books all over the floor, gave up, and left them there. I'm hoping they might antique and gain value. (Note: this project was initialized by receiving an absolutely lovely birthday present from Houseguest, that I wanted to properly display. So I thought I'd reorganize. And then...right. Note to Houseguest: your present is in a safe place. NOT on the floor.)

5. Burned any Christmas CDs.

6. Called Houseguest on his birthday. Or yet at all.

7. Put old toys up for auction on Ebay.

8. Boxed up the rest of the old toys to give away for Christmas NEXT year.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Shananigans said...

Don't worry. I'm doing all my holiday shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond tonight. No, I don't care if I have to wait in line for 4 hours, and yes, my little 10-year-old boy cousin might be getting a shower head for Christmas. What's it to 'ya? Bah Humbug! That’s what I have to say about that.

Red said...

I also didn't do Christmas cards this year, and feel a slight pang of guilt with every one that I open (except the one this idiot girl from college sent of her and her idiot husband from their summer wedding). And I'm wondering if my recent Houseguest was infused with all the drama that yours was (is?). Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I realize this is unintentional, but when you reference toys twice, in completely different contexts, it makes for a startling vision of you donating and selling used stuff. Think about it.