Thursday, December 08, 2005

Much better.

Thank you to everyone!

Thanks to T-Town Girl, who forced Hot Buttered Rum upon me, and T-Town's sister, who is hysterical.

Thanks to kiwi, for my package. (BWA-HA-HA! She said package!) (Although no, I haven't gotten it yet. The post office sucks. And they close at 4:30. Sorry. Tomorrow morning, I can get it.)

Thanks to my mother, who listened to me vent, and cheered me up by telling me that SHE is learning from ME.

Thanks to B-----, believe it or not, who has chosen this week to make me feel like the MVP. My career is moving along well and I have reasons to hope for a big raise, although I also learned today that two of my new hire friends already make 10% more than I do. Which is a lot. No wonder they can afford to live in the heart of Queen Anne. Oh well. Soon, soon!

Also, thanks to B----- for being the sponsor of the largest employee owned and operated community fund in the world. (The Fund gave away 32 million dollars last year. And 19 million of that was in the Puget Sound Region alone.) And thanks to them for also providing a pizza lunch while a really hyper lady talked to us New Hires about it, and thanks to my aforementioned overpaid new-hire friends for giving their money away through it, because all of those events together--and reading thank you letters from people whose lives have been touched by the Fund--have given me a little Christmas spirit today.

And most of all, thanks to all of my sorority sisters, whom I love dearly. I sent out a big mass email to my long-lost friends to get snail mail addresses, and I heard from a bunch of people and I loved all of them. Now I can't wait to send out Christmas (Holiday) cards.

Also, it's beautiful here. Pictures are coming soon.

Also, by a fluke, I weighed 132 pounds this morning. Seriously. Wow.

3 comments:

T-town Girl said...

I think that HOt Buttered Rum should be the new fad diet. I weighed 128 this morning.

Shananigans said...

Glad you’re in better spirits. My cold is lifting and I ate pizza and drank beer last night, and it’s Friday, so it’s safe to say things can only continue to get better heading into the weekend. That’s so funny you should mention your company’s community fund, because I did an employee giving fair for the CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) yesterday. It was pretty small, but the people who stopped by our booth were very nice and receptive. If you can afford the payroll deductions, giving is truly a beautiful thing :)

Speaking of Hot Buttered Rum, I’m gonna see them play at the Fais Do Do in LA next month for $10! When was the last time you went to a show for just $10?

No one wants to know what I weighed this morning. Not even me, that’s why I haven’t a clue ;)

Anonymous said...

I assume that's a good weight. Still can't believe you haven't picked up your *ahem* BOX yet. Sheesh.

I'm impressed with B-----'s community activism, and in case you haven't noticed, their bank kicks all kinds of ass.

Big raise already, huh? Good for you. I hope so. My dad always seems to do pretty well in that department.

Those other new hires who make more than you, are they better educated? Or, god help us all, are they just MEN? How much would that suck.

And yes, 10%, even when you don't make much, is a powerful chunk.