Monday, April 03, 2006

And the beat goes on

The end of last night's depressing story is that my mother called, so I had to stand up and answer the phone, and then I turned on some lights, walked Titan, bought Sparks, set up my sound system, and unpacked most of my kitchen. So I snapped out of the funk and made progress. The move itself, on Saturday, was the longest move I've ever had. God forbid that I even own this much stuff! We moved for 12 hours straight. My friend Chris gave up his entire Saturday to help me move. He really needs Mariners tickets. (Note to self: next time, just hire the damn truck. You'll spend less by the time you're done repaying people for favors!)

This morning: WOW. This morning was, in short, a little rough. There's no good or funny summary in my head yet. Suffice it to say: I have Titan in my car, we almost made it past the guard at the gate (remember, secure site!) and then Titan barked at him, the guard read me the riot act, we turned around and pulled out of the property and I pulled over so I could cry because the guard was mean and also properly scream my head off at Titan, who is apparently trying to make my life as difficult as possible. Now we're parked far away from the gate, but still technically on B-----'s property, so I'm still breaking the rules. Right after I finish this email I'm going to move Jeep and Titan to the Museum of Flight parking lot across the street, which is NOT B----- property. Fuck THEM.

Because you're not allowed to have animals on company property. Because the Lazy B wants to turn all of us into robots with no problems, schedule changes, or emotions. Not that I'm bitter.

And the whole reason I have Titan in the car is because some guys are supposed to come to my apartment today to replace one of the three sliding mirrored doors in my closet. But the apartment manager hasn't really kept me in the loop and I don't want to bug him because I'm living there rent free for the time being. (Shhhh!) So if they don't come today, I'll be a little mad, but not half as mad as before--now that I know how to work around the rules and bring Titan to work if I park in the right spot, it won't be a problem.

The only problem with TODAY is that I'm wearing the wrong shoes. They're really cute, but I've never worn them before and after Titan's walk this morning and walking in from the car, parked far away in Mars, I have gigantic blisters on my heels. This is not improving my mood. I walked in from the car barefoot carrying my shoes, and I was just WAITING for the guard to give me a hard time about being barefoot. His body would never be found.

Fortunately for him and his family, he simply smiled at me.

Did I mention also that I had to have a different kind of fancy coffee this morning that I wanted because apparently the closest Starbucks to Bob is OUT of the Cinnamon Dulce syrup? And breakfast sandwiches? Can I tell you how unhappy I am about that?

And did I ALSO mention that I forgot to sign my electronic time card at the end of Thursday (remember, B likes to treat us like lab rats and not like professionals on salary) so my manager is mad at me and that the next time I forget to sign my time, I'll get all my flex time and virtual office privileges yanked? Because I'm apparently still in high school and the Fucking B thinks that allowing my manager to effectively ground me is a good plan for employee relations and not at all blatant ageist abuse? Did I mention that?

Sigh. Send Sparks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, sista! I’ve had the same problems w/Echo and the beautiful B’s security. I actually had a security guard trail me from Oxbow to my facility…it wasn’t pretty. Luckily parking my car on the road next to my site is an extra 20m from where I usually park…