Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pictures! And a political message.

So, I don't own a camera, because I totally suck, but I DO have a friend! With a camera!

(Note: I do actually own a very fine Canon SLR, easily 30 years old, which takes the most gorgeous pictures ever. Note the 30-year-age: NOT DIGITAL. Thank you.)

And this friend brings his camera with him everywhere, becaue he's a man and has a gigantic coat that fits the camera, and thanks to him, here are some brag shots:

The view from my balcony, artistically taken. (Read: drunkenly.)

View again, slightly less blurry.

View to the South

View West by West, towards the water. And my favorite shot.

And you KNEW you couldn't get away without a dog picture:

Titan, in the unpacked mess that is my apartment, wondering if he'll ever be fed again.

And finally, the policital message, taken straight from the Human Rights Campaign:

"The Federal Way School Board is voting on including sexual orientation into the district's Anti-Discrimination Policy. Join us at the meeting (Tuesday, April 25th, 6pm) and show your support for basic equality. Mark your calendar and come stand with the students as they strive for positive change in their schools. Together we can ensure schools are safe for every student."

Not doing anything on Tuesday, one week from today? I'll be there! You can meet me! EVENT DETAILS.

5 comments:

Aarwenn said...

He's part shepherd, like your horses! Although I'm sure you were quick enough to recognize that on your own. And you should know that your g.d.p. prompted mine.

Aarwenn said...

:) Thank you, honey! But at least you OWN.

Shananigans said...

Me: also jealous. Nice pad, good for you! Titan looks like such a sweet puppy, I just want to squish him.

Aarwenn said...

You want to squish my puppy and I'm supposed to be happy about this? :)

Thank you, honey. If it makes all those who are jealous feel better, we walked a LONG HARD ROAD to get to this point. So hang in there, the good times will come for everyone!

Hopefully they won't include jail time for anyone else.

Shari said...

Hey, I'm in Puyallup, I can round up a bunch for the Federal Way School Board meeting thing!

Whoo! Hoo!

Love a good rally!