Monday, April 17, 2006

Things That Make a Monday Better

I woke up this morning in the usual way, except that now since I live only eight miles from work, I can wake up at seven and get to work at eight. Assuming that I don't actually wash my hair.

Also I'm not sleeping particularly well. Again. Because, although falling asleep on my futon/sofa (how DID I sleep on that thing all these years?) while an open can of Sparks goes to waste and my dog whines at the door is not as restful a way to sleep as you might expect, I also have OTHER things on my mind.

1. Like, for instance: cops in Fairax County don't like it when you go 97 mph.
2. In fact, they get really shirty about it.
3. LAWYER ATTORNEY RECKLESS DRIVING NO MONEY LAWYER ATTORNEY JAIL TIME YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
4. Sigh.

(But the title of this post was not faceitious, really.)

Because I got to work pretty close to on time and I was okay, and now I have plans for lunch, and Mentor just leaned over and said, "I want to compliment you. This has nothing to do with work, but I've watched three young women of my acquaintance actively try to ruin their lives with terrible men this past month, and you have never done that in the time I've known you. I realize that that's a serious accomplishment. Good on you."

I am not a complete failure. Some days, that's all you can ask for.

3 comments:

Aarwenn said...

No no no, you had it right. THAT Fairfax County. (Don't take this as proof that being DC-centric is always a good thing. You just happened to be right in this case.) (Cheap shot!)

The only problem is, I actually LIVE in Seattle. And was busted on the 66 driving (very) quickly (VERY) to Dulles to catch a plane.

I missed it. But as a consolation prize, I get to beg for mercy from a judge!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Awwww. Wait, so Seattle transfers reckless driving points from down here?

Aarwenn said...

Most states honor suspensions or points in another state, although the severity of the points taken away can vary. Yes, there's a lot of ambiguity--MOST states, severity can VARY, etc. The only issue is the criminal record in VA--I'll have one if the reckless driving charge stands. And I don't know how that will affect my life in WA. But I guess we'll find out, right?