Saturday, April 29, 2006

Got Up Swirly

(Read: So early, read really fast.) (Also: shout-out to my dad, who loves corny old radio shows.)

It's 10:15 am here in Capitol Hill, and let me tell you that in a bar district such as this, it is vewwy, vewwy quiet. You could hunt a wabbit with no problem. Last night at 1:45 it was very loud, and we stopped and got street hot dogs, along with a million otheres, all shouting over each other and trying to avoid being pick-pocketed by the homeless people, and we ate them standing up in my kitchen and I put Male Friend From College on my sofa with a blanket and pillow and Girl Friend From Work next to me in bed, and I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

We are all early risers, and they woke up two hours ago and he drove her back to her car in the U-District, and I was already awake so I made coffee and drank some fancy green juice and am spending a very quiet moment at home with Titan, fast asleep on the sofa next to me and curled up in a ball with his tail covering his nose, and we are getting our culture on. We were up s'early that any morning radio programs hadn't started yet, so I listened to twenty minutes of rather whiny politics on KEXP before I came to my senses and turned to KING FM. (Both are available online! Have a listen!)

We caught the end of a musical radio drama about when Tchaikovsky came to the US and now we're listening to a broadcast of Wagner's Lohengrin from the Met in NYC, which is lovely. I meant to get up from this sofa two hours ago and be at the door with my nose on the window when Barnes opened, but I enjoyed my blog reading.

My apartment is slowly, but slowly, being unpacked and arranged, and I'm on my sofa with my computer and my coffee on a gray Saturday Seattle morning, looking at the skyline, and Titan is next to me, and in a little bit I'll wash my face and take Titan out and start the rice pudding for tonight's Fancy Greek Dinner and buy tickets for tomorrow's Common Market show, and really, it's just how I imagined my life would be, and it's heaven.

Heaven.

2 comments:

Uscar said...

I just discovered that your signature in your emails was your actual blog. Yeah, I am a genius.

Aarwenn said...

I should probably take that out; my blog can be little incriminating!