Friday, August 05, 2005

Due to Popular Demand

I was going to talk about all this in the comments section of the previous post, but who really checks the comments daily anyway?

So! Roommate FAQ gets a whole post to itself! (Himself?) Anyway, he should feel pretty damn special, because I never did this for Monica. :)

Name: Roommate
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Status: Single
Orientation: Straight
Hot or Not Scale Rating: 5. (Hey, the truth hurts, but honesty to IIFs is the best policy!)

Does he have a nice car? You bet--bright red Ford F150, with a very nice lockable stainless steel tool box in the back.

Yeah, but does he have pets? Damn skippy! He has a two-year-old German Shepherd Mix! Her name is Sascha and she's only 45 pounds to Titan's 70. They *shouldn't* have dominance issues.

*Shouldn't*? Haven't they met yet? No. Of course, Roommate staying as my roommate will be dependent on this unknown.

Has he just moved out of his parents house? No. (Whew.)
Has he ever lived with strangers before? No. (Dangerous.)
Has he ever lived with a non-related girl before? No. (Danger, Will Robinson!

Oh my god! What the house? What about the kitchen? What about THE BATHROOM? Will he object to tampons and other Things That Must Not Be Named? Are you resigned to living in squalor? Hey, if you read my Craigslist ad, you know I'm not Mr. Clean myself, and he said something that sold me: when I was showing him the bathroom, I said, "Sorry about the clutter, I'm a product whore." He looks at me and says, "I was raised by my mom and three older sisters. You've got nothing on them. I can take whatever feminine stuff you can throw at me."

Now he sounds perfect. Aren't you single now? Quick answer: No.

Yeah, right. Hey, if anyone tells TheBoy that I've been going around saying I'm single, fur will fly.

Okay, but assuming I will never meet TheBoy? Well, the official, totally non-official and down-low stance is that I'm not closing myself off to any possibilities.

And I revealed my profile on match.com and am emailing three guys right now AND my stylist just called and set me up.

Ummm...we're going to get those stories soon, right? Maybe. I'm trying to wait until I really AM single.

Forget all of this factual smokescreen. Is this a recipe for disaster or what? Well, because it's me, we have to assume that, yes, it's clearly a recipe for disaster. HOWEVER. Because of circumstances beyond my control--the Hot or Not rating, and the general way in which Roommate and I click, and believe me, I was on the lookout--it has the highest probability of not being a disaster that I can personally assure.

Did I get everyone?

And, TWAM, I saw that Criagslist post too, and I thought of it constantly as I was interviewing the poor guy. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to harp on the point, but is he higher than a 5 on the hot or not scale after, say, 7 martinis? Yeah, I know. One track mind, I'm terrible, blah blah blah...

Hope the doggies get along so we can read about details of your sordid escapades with the *wink*wink* strictly platonic roomie...

Aarwenn said...

You're so much trouble. :) And you're Trouble because this is EXACTLY what I would do! Let's put it this way:

"...Lord, I hope we get drunk together for the first time without incident!"

Sherri said...

Hmmm.....I get the feeling that even though he's only rating as a 5, he might be a 5 with potential.

*alarms going off*
*sirens blaring*

Danger! Danger!

Anonymous said...

*laughter* You know, I was going to link you to that Craigslist post if you hadn't alaready spoken of it. As usual, Aarwenn makes for an interesting read.

-Quatoes

ramblin' girl said...

hmmmmm.... looking forward to more stories!

Shananigans said...

Hmmm, keep the (cautious) optimism up. Maybe your first few times drinking together should be chaperoned, by a friend who is sure to get drunk and spend the night as to discourage anything...well, un-roommate-like.

Aarwenn said...

Well, of COURSE I'm taking a damn picture, surreptitious or not. He'd better agree or I'll tie him up.

Yes, I will.

And y'all are so much trouble! I love it!! :)

The World Against Me said...

haha.. let's get a pool going..

I say Aarwenn kisses him in 2 months ^_^

Aarwenn said...

Seriously, y'all, I feel awfully good about this, for the main reason that I've got guys coming out of my ears lately, so why the hell would I have or make a spare moment to complicate my life needlessly by kissing my roommate?

I'm betting on never!

The World Against Me said...

You can't bet.. you will use self control to win that bet.. money conquers all!

In a drunk moment.. you never will know what will happen =) and some on.. it's life.. SHIT happens

Susan said...

Sounds like a decent guy....