Saturday, August 27, 2005

Today, I bought proactiv

Yes, I did. I just got regular shipping, although if I had known it would take 2-3 weeks, I would have gotten the faster shipping. So there will be no report for awhile.

But my skin has always been my worst enemy. And I thought I'd have to live with it like this until I just grew out of it. But it doesn't look like I'm growing out of it--and it's gotten worse since I was in high school. I've always remembered having acne--until I saw old pictures of myself the other day and realized that highschool pictures of me have much clearer skin. Humph.

We'll just see how it goes.

And now that I'm thinking about this clearly, I realize that there's an effin' proactiv booth in my local mall. I could have just bought the whole thing there without the shipping costs. I wonder if they'd give me some samples?

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey, if it works for Jessica Simpson, P Diddy and Alicia Keys...it's gotta work for you too.

Let us know how it works...I might have to invest in it as well.

MC said...

My sister and her roommate have used Proactiv before and gave it good reviews!

Just beware that it bleaches out towels. So make sure you don't use your good ones! They each had a hand towel that was used just for their facial washing routine...and it was bleached out like crazy!

Aarwenn said...

You may be my hero JUST for this one piece of advice. Bless you. And linny, have no fear--I will post detailed reviews. Possibly too detailed. :)

alex said...

I've used it, too. I couldn't understand why shipping took so long, either, and came up with two possibilities. 1) They make it after you order it. This seems the most likely, but there is no indication of shelf life so I don't understand why they don't stock-pile it. 2) They deliver it by donkey courier. I keep expecting Juan Valdez to show up with a cup of coffee and the next Proactiv shipment.

Anyway, in my experience, it's performs no miracles, but is better than anything else I tried.

Towels: Yes, the benzoyl peroxide bleaches towels and other dyed fabrics. Just rinse really well.

Aarwenn said...

Hey, thanks for the tips, everyone--it actually came in a very short time! Who knew? But since I don't use towels--what wrong with using your fingertips to massage gently?--so far I'm okay. And I do like it so far.

Aarwenn said...

Also, Alex, you totally crack me up. :)