Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Knee Makes My Dog Snore

Note: It's amazing what a wrecked knee will affect. I had to trade cars with my MOTHER and have been driving the SOCCER MOM VAN for a week. Not good for my love life. Nor are the Celine Dion CDs in the Mom Van. I couldn't walk my dog faster than a crawl, I couldn't drive my own (manual) CAR, I couldn't ski, I couldn't dance.

Okay, so I'm female. So yes, I naturally care about how I look. And yes, my weight plays a big part of that. And yes, I still care about my weight, but...

ALL I CARE ABOUT RIGHT NOW IS BEING ABLE TO USE MY KNEE AGAIN.

For those of you who didn't read the Whistler post closely enough, I wrenched my knee skiing at Whistler on the first run of the first day. Of course, I skiied on it all weekend anyway, going off jumps and tearing it up on the dance floor and everything. And then I went to Florida. And THEN I got my knee checked out.

Well, the news is, there is no news. Bones and ligaments are fine. I'll have to get an MRI to see what's really wrong with it. The doctor gave me a knee stabilizer, which helped, as I have now worn it for slightly more than a week and felt well enough today to Go Hiking with Dog and A Boy and His Dog, which was awesome. We walked farther than we meant to, so by the end of the four-mile hike I was favoring my knee again, but I have the stabilizer on now and feel better. Titan is totally exhausted and snoring away.

The Point Of This Story: No matter what your weight or physical shape, if you suddenly break yourself and cannot be active for a week, you will want nothing more than for your legs to work again.

Today I hiked. And that is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup. Knees are pretty important things for us physically active people.