Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Raise Up a Girl in the Way She Should Go

Okay, so I didn't talk much about it on this blog. But for several months now, I've been involved with some other new hires from the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), and we've been trying to plan SWE's Shadow a Female Engineer Day, which happened two weeks ago, Wednesday, Feb. 22, during National Engineers Week.

After several Saturday morning meetings, in which I got up and fueled myself and drove to Seattle or Olympia to present or put together packets, not to mention several evenings spent coordinating travel options, the day finally happened, and we (the council that planned it) have gotten some thank you notes, etc, etc, and it was good.

So I was pleased to discover that Google celebrated Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, and even blogged about it, because I TOTALLY sent some girls to Google for SWE's Event! If you read the blog post, and squint really hard, and sort of turn your head to the left, I'm mentioned!

No, not really. But they mention their site in Kirkland. And I sent girls to Kirkland for that event. And that is a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best site
http://www.clickpoint.org/

Anonymous said...

http://www.healthinsurance.net.indno