Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'M APPROVED!

(Like I wasn't going to be. But still.)

So, my dear IIF's, as of April first, I'll be a resident of Seattle!

The apartment management is very cool about some things. Not very flexible about move in dates, though--I have to wait to paint until I move in on the first. Too bad. I really want to go crazy with the painting! I want to paint windows and swags and all kinds of stuff! Never mind that I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I've been reading too many trompe l'oeil books and it looks easy to me now. Yes, y'all will get pictures of the terrible results, never fear.

It's probably better this way anyway--I get to put my furniture in now and see how it looks before painting. Although it's more work this way, I'm more likely to get a good result. So, c'est la vie.

Important questions for my listening (reading) audience: as I mentioned earlier, I recently got this duvet cover.

Only it's not as blue as it looks in the photo--more of a blue-gray. And because it's "all-terrain", it's nylon, like snowboarding pants. I really liked the idea, but once I got the box I'm not so sure. My (very small) bedroom in my new place has a nice big window and a ceiling fan, and I was thinking about making it an African safari-type-theme, with mosquito netting and such. The duvet cover might work well for that. Or I could go in more of a summer-harem-palace direction, with more pinks and reds and purples. And I could hang up my chaps and frame them like a symbol of power. The duvet cover would NOT go well in there!

Thoughts, suggestions?

No comments: