Friday, March 24, 2006

Raise Up a Girl In the Way She Should Go II

Google didn't exist when I went to my first Expanding Your Horizons Conference, so they weren't a sponsor then. I was 12, my ears stuck out to Australia, I had big moon glasses, and I was wearing a dark teal sweatshirt, oversized, of course. It was 1993 and the Eighties were stubbornly holding on to our fashion psyche. (They might have left sooner and with less fuss if they'd known they'd be back 13 years later.) Local news anchors came in to cover it; we were at a local middle school.

I remember so much about that day: the lab we did our experiments in had black lab benches, I was wearing black jeans. Once when the camera was filming I looked straight into it. That was the day that led me down this path, this fascinating path of math and science and engineering and quantum physics and time travel. That was the day that started it. That day.

So I'm proud to see that my favorite company ever is now a proud sponsor. May millions of girls the world over be affected the way I was.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

I got to your blog from the official google blog...love it, and I will definitely keep reading! I'll post a link to yours from mine if you don't mind...

Aarwenn said...

Please do! Hi, Liz! Welcome to the blog. :)

Bunny said...

Excellent! You've officially been linked :)

Anonymous said...

nice site
http://www.health.ind.in/