Monday, August 21, 2006

I Hate the Words Rant and Rave

So I'm using the phrases "good" and "bad". Suck it.

Bad Things: See last post.
Good Things: I get the chance to write an angry appeal letter!

Bad Things: I'm having one of those days where I feel like the world puts milk in stuff just to spite me. It's a FRUIT MIX, for God's sake. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST, WHY ARE THERE YOGURT-COVERED ALMONDS IN THERE? And don't even get me STARTED bout Herschey's "dark" (read: sugar-and-milk-laden) chocolate! An especially nice touch: a little blurb about "antioxidants are found in cocoa!" on the front of the chocolate bar, right next to "consume in moderation". Ahem. Herschey's, you and I both know that that "dark" chocolate bar is maybe 10% cocoa at the most, and therefore there ain't NO ANTIOXIDANTS IN THERE!

At least, not as much as there is cholesterol. For example. Sigh.

Good Things: Not having vegan anything makes it easy to not eat the candy in the candy bowls. Or anywhere, for that matter.

More Good Things: Camping was awesome! We went to the Middle Fork Campground in Snoqualmie National Forest, for those who care. Very flexible site. I took Titan on a serious hike by ourselves for about an hour and a half, and then later in the afternoon all the girls and I took a "nature walk". Which is code for, "Wear flip-flops, carry a drink."

It was great.

Bad Things: I did not get to go shopping.
Good Things: I saved money!
More Good Things: My pasta salad for the housewarming party turned out well!
Bad Things: Even though I over-cooked the pasta. Hey, it was CORN flour pasta! That's new and different, okay?
Bad Things: Desperately need to clean and do laundry.
Good Things: Because I just came back from camping and I get to go to Norfolk with the LT in three days!

WOO!

1 comment:

alex said...

Wikipedia claims that Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate is 45% cocoa. And if it's on Wikipedia, it has to be true.