Saturday, August 26, 2006

Update from Beautiful Virginia

Hello. It is Saturday night, I haven't blogged in days, and I am in Norfolk, VA, home of the million dollar 500 square foot homes and the biggest naval base in the world. I didn't blog about this trip AT ALL during the preceding days because:

1. I was about to meet all of the LT's closest friends, including the guys that he SERVED WITH on the submarine. To say these guys are "close" would be an understatement.

2. I was about to be "the tagalong" at a bachelorette party, at which I would know no one, and

3. I knew I would be late to start this trip in the first place, i.e., I had the LT do my dishes while I packed. And I was a stress case and a half. And then the traffic built up and we barely made the plane. And I KNEW that this, or something like this, would happen.

So I didn't blog about it. I didn't want to talk about my feelings of inadequacy compared to how beautiful Southern girls are; my feelings of stress, which would encourage binge drinking, and how worried I was about that, and all sorts of other things. I was so worried I couldn't blog.

But...and whether this is good or bad, I can't tell...I passed all the tests, apparently. I'm eating vegan (with the exception of potatoes with butter, at the wedding), I'm meeting the boyz, I met the bride whose bachelorette party I was crashing, and I'm still alive. In fact, I'm so late in blogging that the bacherlorette party AND the wedding are already over, and from now on I can relax and maybe get some real sleep.

No comments: