Thursday, August 10, 2006

Snippet From the Other Blog (2), Plus Alcohol

Anyone looking for drunken posting should check out my less mainstream blog.

I had some other point to make here, but apparently the point and its attached train of thought, having more brain cells than I have at the moment, recognized the emminent danger before I did, because it has left the building.

Today on the Hill (the Seattle one, not the DC one) I saw my second most amazing thing ever.

Well, sort of. I mean, I saw a guy on stilts. He had long pants on and was just walking along, a plastic bag from a local take-out place in his hand, nothing about his demeanor to suggest that he was trying to draw attention to himself, except that he was, well, on STILTS.

Behind him, a train of rubberneckers. Which is a big accomplishment on Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA. Because just yesterday I followed a trio of girls, all wearing tutus and combat boots, all sporting pink hair and horizontally-striped thigh-highs and crop-tops, down Broadway (Cap Hill's main drag) and I thought nothing of it.

Because although he beat the pair of lesbians violently making out against the wall of American Apparel--and I'm talking biting and drooling and one shirt half torn off--he did NOT beat the cross-dressing, street-walking nuns.

I'm just sayin'. Vive la difference! The Mainstream Sucks! Vive la Revelution!

Thank you and good night!

4 comments:

Shananigans said...

That’s awesome. Venice is kind of like that, except someone on stilts would probably be upstaged. Congrats on you recent success in vegan cookery. Do you have Vegan with a Vengeance? I’ve yet to find a bad recipe in that book.

Anonymous said...

he physically beat them? or beat them like in a foot race?

Did you get a phone number from any of the pink, tutued, combat booted crowd? or were they like, 'together'?

Anonymous said...

Were they long stilts? or were they like those new pogo-stilts.. .what are they called... Powerisers? Those are cool, and expensive...

btw, found your blog in the URL history bar at the work computer.

Aarwenn said...

No way were they Powerisers, although I didn't look it up to see if you got the name right. They were the old fashioned kind--sticks of wood, basically!

Work computer? I'm famous! Thanks for dropping by!