Friday, August 04, 2006

Note to Self:

It may have been a poor decision to watch "Farenheit 9/11" with your boyfriend.

In fact, on a short list of poor decisions, this idea should have appeared somewhere near the top, right above "give your boyfriend your blog address", and right below "give your FATHER your blog address".

Because you are, indeed, a liberal vegan wannabe pagan who thinks the sun shines out of Democratic Party's collective butt, and he is a Republican gun-totin' conservative from TEXAS, who is currently WORKING FOR THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

(Also on that list would include past decisions like: Take Pulls Straight off the Everclear Bottle, Attempt to Date Your Roommate, Make 13 Dates in One Weekend, etc.)

We're still not done with the movie. We made it halfway before we decided it would easier to pause it and just talk than it would to CONTINUE pausing it, unpausing, rewinding to a part we wanted to talk about, fast forwarding over parts we didn't want to talk about, fighting for control of the laptop on which to look things up, etc. I kept getting up to take shots, which I took in solidarity with the people on screen who were actually getting shot at.

We're planning to finish it tonight. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Shananigans said...

I don’t think I could survive a relationship that had to endure political debate regularly. I mean, I’m RIGHT! Anyone who doesn’t agree with me at all times can’t live under the same roof as me. (lol...just kidding. Except about the part where I’m right.) Hope you enjoy the rest of the movie together.

I kept getting up to take shots, which I took in solidarity with the people on screen who were actually getting shot at.

That is so touching. Well, I guess everyone deals in their own way. The world’s going to shit.

Aarwenn said...

See, LT? I could be SO MUCH WORSE. :D

Kidding, Shan, you know I have tons of blog love for you. The next post will have an upturn in mood, I think, and btw Shan, such cynicism in one so young!

Anonymous said...

you seriously gave your dad your blog address?

Jesus.

I told my mom that no matter how tempted she was, she was never to look for my blog. They don't have the address, and if they accidentally or 'accidentally' find it on google or something, it's off limits. Theoretically then if she gets pissed off about something it's not my fault, right?

PaintingChef said...

My (republican but he has so many good qualities that we just overlook that one severe lapse in judgement on his part) husband and I sat down and watched it. In Georgia. Where we live. Where I am like a loner in the whole liberal idealology thing. It didn't last long. It almost as bad an idea as that time my college roommate and I mixed Everclear with Gatorade and went to fraternity parties. Ahhhh...freshman year.

I'm not sure how I happened upon your blog but I'm REALLY loving it!!

Aarwenn said...

kiwi: Yes, I'm insane. Thank you. I need to go back and edit, probably.

PaintingChef: Thank you! And I thought you in particular would like this quote that appeared on the top of my gmail account today: "All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats." --Groucho Marx