Monday, July 25, 2005

Argh, argh, argh

It's awful how much I'm focused on my own weight, now that I'm trying to change it. A sample of my mental dialogue this morning:

I got to see my niece this weekend! That was great!

I've gained two pounds.

I got to read Harry Potter! That was great!

But I've gained two pounds.

I got to watch movies with my boyfriend and drink wine and go to a "couples" barbeque!

And thanks to that, I've GAINED TWO POUNDS.

Man, I'm hungry!

DON'T EAT NOW, BITCH, YOU'VE GAINED TWO POUNDS!


See what I mean? Not healthy. Margaret Cho said it best: "When you diet, the first thing you lose is brain mass." Although she, too, is much skinnier than she used to be. Traitor.

Coffee always helps. Get your free sample of Doubleshot here! Many, many thanks to The World Against Me for making my day.

2 comments:

ramblin' girl said...

of course the evil empire gives away free stuff... then you get hooked... before you know it you're giving little kids $5 to go buy you a doubleshot since the convenience store clerk has cut you off... oh, nevermind...
enjoy your free drink!
;~)

Aarwenn said...

I love it when you call me Sunshine. :)

Also, leah, I've been meaning to tell you what a flattering picture that new one is. I like it! And yes, mother, I'll still weigh myself every day, but I promise to stop obsessing. Promise.