Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Your Attention, Everyone

I am wearing deodorant! Yes! Me! Deodorant!

No, you don't understand: I hardly EVER wear deodorant, because I don't smell that bad (really, I've lived with two separate very honest people) and I have a gigantic phobia of deodorant. Not that build-ups of aluminum chloride or whatever will cause me to get cancer, (right, and Gates will send me a million dollars) but that deodorant will stick to my clothes and gum up my razor and, worse, stick to my fingers if I accidentally touch my underarms, and then I can't even wash the deodorant off with soap because it's DEODORANT, and it sticks to my fingers and makes touching things weird. Yes. It Makes Touching Things Weird.

But temperatures have gotten warmer here, folks, and Dove has this fantastic deodorant ad campaign out, and I've been very active lately (moving, throwing parties, dancing, walking the dog in the sunshine--although it's cold and gray here today) and I've been sweating, and when you can smell yourself, y'all, it's not a good thing. So I bought deodorant--while ON THE WAY TO CLUBBING IN SEATTLE. AT A GAS STATION. But it was Dove! And so far, it's fulfilling all my needs. Go deodorant! I can't believe I don't use this stuff more!

Also, in the Quest For The Perfect Hair Goop, I bought hair goop from Garnier Fructis, more specifically their XXL gel, which I will try as soon as I decide to actually spend time on my hair. Which hasn't happened yet. But everyone should go to their site because it's a great time waster: they have a soundtrack AND a hair quiz!

Also I just discovered I have an overdraft of 43 dollars, which for me is tragedy--MOST of that is the damn fee! There's no space in Crazy Aunt Purl's budget for that! ARGH!

The most annoying thing is that I specifically went to two different banks yesterday just so I could transfer money from one account to the next. And I didn't transfer enough. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

kt said...

"accidently touch my underarms"

lol!!!

I have some GREAT hair goop, but I can't remember the name - I'll find out for you.

Sherri said...

Sebastian makes the best hair goop. You have to get it at the salon, but it is awesome!

Aarwenn said...

What kind of Sebastian hair goop?

Anonymous said...

you went to banks? Like physically went to buildings? Good lord. How primitive. Let me know when you catch up with the rest of the progressive, deodorant wearing world.

Aarwenn said...

No one can be as cool as you are ALL the time.

Sherri said...

Laminates Crema Styler - put in while hair is wet and blow dry then Laminates Gel - put on dry hair (use a pea size and work up from there if you need more or your hair will be greasy).

I love it. Never found anything that works better. Not cheap though, but worth it.

Aarwenn said...

Thank you! I'll check it out. When I have more time and money. HA.