Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Crazy

No one describes The Crazy better than SheWalks--who actually has a name, Kristy, but it's so much more New Century and Cyber-Cool to call her by her blog name.

Anyway. She describes The Crazy very well, and should possibly be congratulated on both that and possibly getting married, depending on what her Imaginary Internet Friends think.

And The Crazy affects all of us, especially me as I sit here PMS-ing and feeling like I've gained 15 pounds in two days because I'm PMS-ing and eaten everything in sight, not to mention in a mood where I think I'm mad at TheBoy but I don't really know, so I'd like to talk to him and find out if I am, as if hearing his voice will coalesce my thoughts one way or the other, but can't call because it's ridiculous to call and say "I called to find out if I was mad at you or not" because if I DO turn out to be mad at him, what am I going to do? Announce to him, "Okay, well, now I'm mad at you" and get off the phone?

So INSTEAD I'm going out to play chess with an Ex With Whom I Have History With a Capital H who constantly kicks my ass at the game, partly because my attention span isn't that long but also because his sexual energy completely distracts me, and YES I'm doing this on purpose to bug TheBoy, but the gesture will probably be totally wasted because once again I can't call him just to announce that I'm playing chess with the Massive Personal History Ex.

But I'll distract myself with confusion of another kind, and I suppose at the end of the day that is the main point after all.

2 comments:

Susan said...

The Crazy makes us do insane things we'd never normally do. I've done "The Crazy" too many times to mention with guys....it's my Samantha from Sex & the City theory!

Aarwenn said...

The worst part is, you look back when you're out of the grip of The Crazy and you think, "WHY THE HELL DID I DO THAT???"