Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Scattered Thoughts

I have a ton to do, and absolutely no impetus to do it. Hoping it will help, I'm going to empty my brain of random thoughts by listing them here on this journal, hoping to clear the slate in time to work--only two more hours!

A song I like right now: Common's 'The Corner', featuring Kanye West.

The bluebells that TheBoy picked for me several days ago are now dry and dead, and shedding flower dust and bits all over my important papers, and the Starbucks paper cup they were in (still with the dozens of black marks on the side the baristas use to try to frantically record my 13-word order) isn't the most stable thing in the world, so they often fall over, losing thousands of bits of flower dust each time.

I should toss them out.

Okay, I've worked for 15 minutes and I'm utterly exhausted.

I really need to get my bangs trimmed--they were cut long last time, which is good because I was going to a college reunion and didn't want them too short or different, but they look like shit now.

I have a yogurt--plain, nonfat--that's been sitting on my desk for 24 hours. I wonder if it's still good, or if I even want to check it.

Starbucks has mint mocha frappucinos! WOO! And the pale mint-green label goes beautifully with my pale pink bag. This may be the most shallow thing I have ever said.

Reminder to self: once home, TRY TO RUN HELLO SO YOU CAN GET YOUR DAMN PHOTOS UPLOADED. Sheesh. Because only with pictures will Lovely Imaginary Internet Friends see the true grayness and Office-Space-ness that is your office, especially compared to Laurie's office where it's sunny and she has a gorgeous view of downtown and she sucks.

Also, an announcement: after the Great Roommate Search, (read it today because it's gone after that! God, I love Craigslist) I would to announce that I've found a really cool roommate, Monica, who's cool even though she *likes* running, and a really cool house, pictures of which will be coming as SOON AS I DO MORE AT HOME BESIDES STUFF MY FACE AND SIT ON MY DUFF, like RUNNING THE DAMN HELLO PROGRAM.

Whew. This "coffee" of which people speak can really make you hyper!

Sidenote: Can I say how much I love the "autosave" feature? I want to marry it. I want to have like ten thousand of its babies.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I know from experience how stressful finding a roommate can be. I've done it way too many times to mention!

Aarwenn said...

For REAL!

But I got really, really lucky. Hope you do too!